Ngày đăng: 17/04/2019

David DeCastro Jersey

Week in/Week out Stephon Tuitt Jersey , I’ve got to issue the grand disclaimer. You know the story. I’m not a football coach, or a teacher, but I play one in blogs and podcasts. I must admit that I was nervous about coming off of the bye against a hungry Cleveland team and a young, exciting Browns defense equating to a loss. But the ultimate result was a victory of most satisfying proportions.Grading games is an extremely difficult and somewhat thankless task. While the coaches’ grades, of course, are what count the most, the media and fans can’t help but evaluate as well. So let’s take a look at BTSC’s early perceptions: Offense: Cleveland’s defense was tough to penetrate at first. Ben Roethlisberger was real shaky in the early goings, but settled down and ended with a solid 24/36 and 257 yard day. His hookups with Antonio Brown (6 catches/74 yards and 2 scores) got them back in the black and the gutsy 4th Down Conversion was huge. The squad of Villanueva Jesse James Jersey , Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro and Feiler were great and allowed only one sack of their quarterback. But Big Al’s performance against Myles Garrett (allowing only one sack) was pretty significant. They assisted, as well, on the amazing performance (212 total yards/2 TDs) by James Conner. His performance as a rusher, receiver and pass protector was MVP-like. After early struggles, the unit performed quite well.Overall Offense Grade: A- When the Pittsburgh Steelers decided to pick up Ryan Shazier’s 5th year option, they thought they were locking up one of the most talented inside linebackers in the game before he would be eligible to hit free agency. What they didn’t know was that 5th year option would be viewed as a Godsend for Shazier after he was left motionless from the waist down at Paul Brown Stadium in December of 2017.Shazier got his money Bud Dupree Jersey , as 5th year options are guaranteed in the case of injury, and the Steelers even gave it to him in one lump sum. This gave Shazier, and his family, his yearly salary up front, to possibly help pay for any additional services necessary for his rehabilitation, but also could have helped the Steelers from a salary cap standpoint moving into 2019.It was no shock when Art Rooney II took to multiple platforms Wednesday to talk about how the Steelers will try to work out a deal with Shazier, who becomes a free agent this offseason, so he can remain with the organization and continue his rehabilitation.But at what cost to the team’s salary cap? I know David DeCastro Jersey , it sounds horrible, but the Steelers are a business and every dollar needs to be accounted for when it comes to the salary cap. According to Ian Whetstone, who contributes to SteelCityInsider and is a genius when it comes to the NFL Salary Cap, his best assumption is the team won’t owe Shazier that much to keep him in the fold.What about the team deferring all Shazier’s money to him early last season? Did that have any significance? According to Whetstone it did.The good news here is if these numbers are accurate, it would be very reasonable for the Steelers to give Shazier a one year contract, paying him the league minimum, and allowing him to continue to train and rehab his injury.Stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes surrounding the black-and-gold as they prepare for the rigors of the 2019 offseason.